- December 28, 2011 -
Does the typically drab Winter weather have you feeling a little blah? Trust me, I know how it feels – Chicago
can be is a very grey and cold place during the Winter. So…while keeping that fact in mind, I absolutely don’t understand why so much of the Winter fashion tends to be a muted and dark mix of black, grey, black, brown, and some more grey. Why oh why??
Adding some unexpected pops of color to your wardrobe makes the cold Season so much more fun! Let’s bring some Summer light to our drastically shortened days, people!! Above is a selection of my favorite of-the-moment colored things. Yes, I realize that there are some sandals/shorts thrown into the mix…but that’s what fun tights are for, right!?
- Proenza Schouler PS1 Bag in Coral.
- Jimmy Choo “Samos” Sandals.
- Deborah Lippmann Nail Colors in bright & colorful hues.
- Vionnet Suede Flats.
- Missoni Wool Knit Dress.
- Maslin Zebra Print Beach Towel (for those with a warm vacation coming up – sigh.)
- Rag&Bone Danby Wool Cable Sweater.
- Dannijo Clip-on Crystal Earrings.
- Stella McCartney Striped Shorts (paired with opaque tights & killer platform booties – done!)
- Reed Krakoff Leather Tote.
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Wool & Sequin Sweater.
- Charlotte Olympia Satin Pumps.